Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Music

KMFE: Hey, how about we play that one that goes like...
He hummed a few notes.
EKA: Yeah, that's a good one.

Jo: You mean you play that song together and you don't know what it's
called?
KMFE and EKA looked at each other. KMFE shrugged and shook his head.
KMFE: I don't know. I don't know if anyone ever told me the name. I
learned it from listening.
EKA: Yeah, me neither.

When they started playing Jo interrupted.
Jo: That's called Sausuma.
EKA: Oh. Cool. Now we know.

Later that day,
EKA: Hey, how about we play that one again, that one that Jo had some
name for?
KMFE: Right, that one. Sure.
From then on they called the song "that one that Jo had some name for".

KMFE: This song has too many notes in it.
EKA: It goes faster if you play them all at once.
KMFE held down the sustain pedal and smashed his foot on the quiet pedal.
KMFE: True, that was a lot faster.
EKA: It had a lot of different harmonies. Some interesting dissonance.
KMFE: Yeah I think we've run out of ideas.

No comments: