Sunday, August 23, 2009

SIRS

I said to AR "I confessed my love to someone in an instructional rating
survey"
"Oh god I hope it wasn't me"
I looked at her and said nothing.
AR laughed a horrified laughter.
I told her it was for expos.
That means that the professor knows you. I wonder if she'll know that
it's me who wrote it?
"I hope not." AR said. "I don't like it when my professors know too much
about me"
"Well I'm sorry I ruined that"
AR tried to say something that started with "That's ok" but there was no
honest way to do that. She gave a few false starts and asked "What did
you write?"
"I wrote that I admired you, that I enjoyed knowing you this year, that
it was too bad you were so happy to see the semester end because I would
miss you. And I wrote that I do miss you, because when she reads it you
will be far away. But even after writing all those papers I still
couldn't say what I really liked about you, or how I really felt. So I
left that out."
"Yeah I really was happy for this semester to end - but not because of you"
"I know - but it still hurts a little bit"

No comments: