Friday, July 10, 2009

Messenger

In the pits I asked them “Do any of you know AR?” One of them said yes. “Cool. She lived on my floor. Can you give a message to her?” “Um.. yeah. I don't know when I'll see her, though.” “That's OK it's not urgent. Can you tell her I love her, and I enjoyed knowing her. And that I'm sorry Iscrewed up her life. And that I'd like to see her some time.” When I did see AR she asked “How did you screw up my life?” “Oh, sorry, when I'm speaking through a messenger I like to embellish to get them wondering.” Then I told her how my linear algebra professor had written her name on the top of my exam. She didn't believe me because she didn't know him. Then I showed it to her and she thought I had written it there to fool her. I got upset that she didn't believe me and she got upset that I was lying to her. We left mad at each other. I kept looking through the test to figure out if there was anything there that would have prompted him to write AR's name on the top. Nothing. Just her name, still there.

No comments: